DUI Books by David N. Jolly

Contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION

Please contact us at (425) 493-1115 or check out our website for detailed information at www.washdui.com

Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Snohomish County Attorney: Deferred Prosecution and the Constitutional Rights you give up

The following "rights" are included in the Petition for Deferred Prosecution.  Importantly these are also rights that you voluntarily give up when you enter the deferred prosecution program.  Be sure you talk these through with your attorney prior to entering into the deferred prosecution program.
I understand and acknowledge I have the following rights: (a) to have a lawyer represent me at all hearings; (b) to have a lawyer appointed at public expense if I cannot afford one; (c) to a speedy, public jury trial; (d) to appeal any conviction; (e) to remain silent and not testify; (f) to question witnesses who testify against me; (g) to call witnesses to testify for me, at no cost; (h) to be presumed innocent unless the charge(s) against me is proven beyond a reasonable doubt; and (i) to present evidence and a defense.  By deferring prosecution on these charges, I understand I give up my right to:  (a) a speedy trial; (b) a jury; (c) testify; (d) question witnesses; (e) call witnesses; and (f) present evidence or a defense.

For information on your Washington State DUI please contact our Snohomish County DUI attorneys, Whatcom County DUI attorneys, King County DUI attorneys, Island County DUI attorneys, or Skagit County DUI attorneys at 425-493-1115 or check out our website at http://www.washdui.com

No comments:

Post a Comment