DUI Books by David N. Jolly

Contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION

Please contact us at (425) 493-1115 or check out our website for detailed information at www.washdui.com

Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Washington State schools chief sorry for DUI

The state's head of schools, Superintendent Randy Dorn, sent an apology to reporters today for his actions over the weekend.

Dorn, 56, was arrested early Sunday for suspicion of driving under the influence.

His statement today explains more of his actions:

I understand the public wants to know more about my recent citation. I am not at liberty to discuss the legal aspects of this case, but I can now share more information.

First and foremost, I want to apologize for what happened last Saturday night. My wife, our sons and I attended the annual crab feed and dance at Swiss Sportsman Club Park in Bonney Lake. My family has long supported the club. As members, we stayed late to help clean up the hall. I drank beer during the event, but I thought I was capable of driving home. I now know that drinking any amount of alcohol before driving is an extremely poor choice.

Today, my attorney has asked the city of Orting to release all the documents regarding this case because the public has a right to see this information. I am pleased the court has moved my hearing date from Monday, April 6, to Friday, April 2, to begin to address this matter sooner.

This week, I have continued to do the job the people of this state elected me to do. This morning I attended an important meeting with Gov. Chris Gregoire regarding our state's application for the federal "Race to the Top" grant. Next week, I will take a long-planned vacation with my wife – a school librarian who will be on spring break.

Again, I want everyone to know how sorry I am for what happened on Saturday. I have caused hurt and embarrassment to my family and I have disappointed my supporters and my staff. I work hard every day for the school children of this state and it pains me deeply that I have not set a good example for them. I will work hard to earn back your trust and I pledge that I will never make this mistake again.

For information on your Washington State DUI please contact our Snohomish County DUI attorneys, King County DUI attorneys, Island County DUI attorneys, or Skagit County DUI attorneys at 425-493-1115 or check out our website at http://www.washdui.com


Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn More.

No comments:

Post a Comment