DUI Books by David N. Jolly

Contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION

Please contact us at (425) 493-1115 or check out our website for detailed information at www.washdui.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Charged with DUI in Island County? If the Courthouse is Way out of Your Way, or You are Deployed, Fear Not. A "Waiver of Appearance" Might Work - DUI Attorney Island County, DUI Skagit

By Riley S. Lovejoy, Attorney at Law – If you are charged with a DUI in Island County (Whidbey and Camano Islands), there is a good chance you were either on vacation, or are stationed the Naval Air Station at Ault Field and spend a lot of time overseas.  Either way, it can be a huge inconvenience, or in some circumstances, an impossibility for you to make all of your court appearances.  If you have retained an attorney for your Island County District Court DUI case, they will instruct you that Island County has a “Waiver of Appearance” option, that allows your attorney to appear in court on your behalf.  The “Waiver of Appearance” is a form that you sign that essentially says: “I am aware of my right to be present for all proceedings, and I waive my right to be present at any pretrial hearings, readiness hearings, trial assignment hearings or other hearings on various motions which may be brought before the court.  It is my attorney’s responsibility to keep me up to date on when I need to be present, and that if my attorney fails to keep me informed and I miss a court date, the Court could issue a warrant for my arrest.”  Suffice to say, maintaining a good dialogue with an attorney you can trust (including keeping your address and phone number current) is a very good idea.

For information on your Washington State DUI please contact our Snohomish County DUI attorneys, King County DUI attorneys, Island County DUI attorneys, or Skagit County DUI attorneys at 425-493-1115 or check out our website at http://www.washdui.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment