DUI Books by David N. Jolly

Contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION

Please contact us at (425) 493-1115 or check out our website for detailed information at www.washdui.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Are Prosecuting Attorneys Dumb?

Are Prosecuting Attorneys Dumb?  Well, of course not, but the headline grabs attention.  Truth be told there are no dumb prosecuting attorneys really, after all prosecuting attorneys do have to go to law school, graduate law school, and eventually pass the Bar exam.  And after personally doing all of that myself I can attest to the fact that none of it was easy.  However, some prosecuting attorneys do lack the experience that others have or alternatively, have less knowledge about DUI law than others.   Some just display poor judgment.  This is not a slight against a prosecutor who doesn't yet have the right tools to do a job prosecuting DUIs, as I was there once and privately was scared at how little I knew in the first months of my job.  Many years later my job is knowing what prosecutors are well informed and what prosecutors are not.  Those who are not I tend to simply work around them meaning, I note motions in court arguing legal defenses to Judges, instead of trying to negotiate with them.  With the well informed prosecutors, I do the opposite - meaning, I argue my issues directly with them knowing that they understand the art of negotiation and can see the legal issues, understand them, and are aware of the risks of motions and trial.  Dealing with experienced and well informed prosecutors is always preferred.
 For information on your Washington State DUI please contact our Snohomish County DUI attorneys, Whatcom County DUI attorneys, King County DUI attorneys, Island County DUI attorneys, or Skagit County DUI attorneys at 425-493-1115 or check out our website at http://www.washdui.com

No comments:

Post a Comment